That's one of my favorite things about my life, though. If I really listen to my heart, and pay attention to my instincts, I'll be led to do some things for seemingly no reason, and then later down the road I'll become aware of the beautiful reasons. I've learned the hard way that everything- EVERYTHING- happens for a reason. In fact, everything happens for many reasons. Maybe some day I'll be ready to share some of my experiences with this lesson... maybe not.
In the end, as you can see, I've decided to play out the 'blog' thing, with a large amount of curiosity to find out where it takes me and readiness to enjoy myself along the way.
But for today, I'd like to share a bit about myself-- as I have come to know myself during the past year-long determined, aggressive, heartbreaking, life-altering, lesson-learning, infinitely rewarding, and many times painful processes of learning how to be honest with myself.
- I am 22 years old, living in Ann Arbor (technically Ypsilanti, I guess), working at Trader Joe's, attending community college and ever... so... slowly... working toward a degree in psychology.
- I was born and raised in Traverse City, Michigan (if you've never heard of it, look it up, it's incredibly beautiful... although I am a bit biased) as the youngest of five children. It was an excellent place to grow up, and I can see why anyone would want to raise children there. However, it has a tendency to shelter them from other races, cultures, religions, life styles, ideas... etc. For these reasons I am eternally grateful that *something* finally pushed me into moving away.
- To say that I enjoy the outdoors, nature, animals, the earth, the universe, might be the biggest understatement I'll ever utter. Everything I do, say, think, feel, eat... Everything I am, everything you are, it is all one in the same, and the derivative is simple to me. I guess it's hard for me to explain! :)
- I believe that my physical feelings, my thoughts, my emotions, my chemical make-up, and my decisions are all much more linked together than we're used to believing. I believe that the more united these aspects become, the more whole we are- with ourselves, others, life, and the world. It's this belief that encourages me to live a healthy life-style in as many ways as I can. Ultimately, doing so leads me to a higher level of enjoyment.
- I believe that my judgments upon others serve little importance other than to teach me- and only me- some kind of lesson. I challenge you to pay attention, from an outside point of view, to the judgments you place on people throughout the day. And, more importantly, to figure out why whatever it is about them bothers you so much, while it effects you little to none. I'll bet it has something to do with the way you feel about yourself.
- I believe thinking for yourself is the only first step one can take toward true happiness.
- I do not fear death. I know, it's kind of weird. I guess it comes from taking classes in existentialism, and also because...
- Just over a year ago now, I experienced the loss of my eldest sister. There is truly something to be said about experiencing great loss... And those who have been through it know what I'm talking about. But that discussion is for another time. Watching and feeling her slip away from us in her last few weeks on earth was one of the most surreal experiences I'll ever have. While it broke my heart, to an extent which I'm still unable to express, it forced me to wake up, open my eyes, and start examining every part of myself and the life I was living. The lessons I've learned and still learn from my sister continue to amaze me every day.
- I believe that everything contains beauty. In fact, everything is beauty. If there is ever something ugly to me, it is because my eyes aren't adjusted quite right. Everything in this world has its place and its purpose, with the ultimate goal to bring endless opportunities for peace, love, and enlightenment to blossom within each living being.
- I believe that love is the most beautiful of all things, and I'm certain I'm not the only one.
No comments:
Post a Comment